samedi 16 mai 2015

Combo

I worked mainly on platformer mechanics these last weeks: grip on ledges, zipline, ladders, etc. Everything works fine so far, and the game begins to be enjoyable on this side.

However, all the fight mechanics and scripts haven't changed for a long time (in this post I showed my process to make the main character's attack animation), and they need a lot of work.That's what I'm on these days.

I started to make new attack animations. These first 3 animations below are meant to be a combo. 




Crouch attack


This attack is triggered when the player attacks while blocking. It pushes enemies and can break their guard, or pushes objects violently... In my dreams. For now it's  coded like a normal attack, with more bugs.

The animation I used before this update. I plan to use it if UP is pressed when attack is triggered.


Jumping attack

Animating is hard! These are far from perfect but they are usable while programming. 

I still have a lot of work on this (mostly on the way the character will move on X axis while attacking, and better timings on enemies' stun so it really has the effect of a combo), but I'm happy to be already able to show in-game karate action:


(click for full size)





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire